Thursday, April 13, 2006

Prednisone

Mickey got his first dose of Prednisone last night with dinner. He only got 20 mg, a fraction of what a full dose would be for a dog his size.

Last night he got me up TWICE to potty, Mickey is usually the one I am rousting out of bed to go potty in the morning, he does not like to get out of bed. So even that small of a dose has side effects. He also wants to drink water all the time now, I don't want him to be thirsty, but I also don't want him peeing all over while I am at work. DH said he would stay home as late as possible this morning and I will go home right after my 2:00 dentist appt., so hopefully he can hold it for 6 hours or so.

I haven't posted any pics in a while, so here's one of my favorites from when Mick was a puppy. It was his first trip to the dog park, if you look closely you can see he's sitting under his big brother Java for protection.

And here's one of Mickey rolling in the grass with his 1/2 sister Figment, I call this one "Giggles"....


No comments: