Monday, April 10, 2006

Days 9-11

Yikes, it's been a few days since I've updated you all on Mickey, sorry about that. Now that the weather is getting nice here we've been out working in the yard and going to the dog park. Well, Java got to go to the dog park, Mickey got to hang out with his dad at home.

I've been massaging Mick for 30-45 minutes a day to work out some of that soreness. It really seems to be helping and he's much more willing to let me do stretches with his legs than a few days ago.

He still seems weak in the rear though his muscle tone is better than ever. He's also been a little more stumbly the last few days, I'm going to give Dr. Durkes a call to see what he thinks about that. I know the key to this whole thing is being patient (right Anne?), but darn it I want to see my baby doing better!!!

His neck wrap is already starting to look gross, and it hasn't even been 2 weeks. I don't even want to think about what it will look like in a few more. I do have some pretty blue horse leg wraps that I can use to cover the white tape.

Oh, and I am the worst mommy in the world, Saturday I put their beds outside to enjoy the sun while I was working in the yard, and poor Mickey got a sun burn! Duh, his back is shaved and he has no pigment, sunscreen is a MUST now. I usually put it on his face when he's out in the summer anyway, so I don't know why it didn't occur to me that his poor naked back would need it too. So I've been giving him coat after coat of aloe to soothe the burn, and he really seems to enjoy that.

That's all I have for now, have a great Monday everyone!

No comments: