Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Day 6 Part 2

Mickey is in GREAT spirits tonight, he must be feeling much better and recovering from his infection nicely. He's trying to play with his brother again already, so I am going to have to keep a close eye on them.

I kept Java and Mick separated today, and I will until Mickey's wounds are all recovered. Java tries to be such a mommy and keeps licking Mick.

It's pretty cute, Mick is almost like a puppy again, he's wide awake and playing one minute, the next minute he's completely crashed out on the couch.

I took more pics of his back, his hair is growing back amazingly fast. He loves when I reach under his collar and scratch his neck, it must be really darn itchy under there! I'm grateful we had this done while it is still pretty cool outside, he'd be really miserable if it was summertime temps.

Mick is still moving much better than before the procedure. He still sways pretty dramatically in the rear, but his feet are much more planted and his turns are SO much more graceful than before. He's becoming more acclimated to the collar, it seems less tight too. I am going to make an appointment with the chiropractor soon and get her to adjust his rear end. I spoke to Dr. Durkes today and he said that nothing should be done with his neck. We are going to put him on an additional three days of antibiotics just to make sure the infection is completely kicked.

Here are the pics of his back, you can see the redness and bruising has gone down considerably:

No comments: