Sunday, June 25, 2006

Help me write an article...

As many of you know, I am a moderator on Leans N Slobbers, yup, you guessed it, a Great Dane discussion board. The owner of this board is also putting together a comprehensive web site on our beloved breed, and though I am no writer, I volunteered to write an article on Wobblers. What was I thinking??? Just kidding K!

I know I have some regular readers out there, and I am seeking you out for input on this. Do you remember the first time you heard about Wobbler Syndrome? What did you want to know? When your dog was diagnosed with Wobblers, what questions came to mind?

My objective is to not just provide another technical description of Cervical Vertebral Instability, but to offer a clear picture to owners out there as terrified as I was when my boy Mickey was diagnosed.

I think I have spent so much time and energy looking forward, that I have difficulty looking back, and I am not sure I'm ready to force myself to relive what I had hoped to never worry about again. I know some of you will understand that. I want to believe that we are on the road to recovery, never again will I have to consider how few options there are for those of us faced with treating this disease.

So there has to be someone out there who can give me the kick in the ass I need to get this article started. Give me a starting point, something to spur on the genius writer I have hidden inside of me. (yea, right!)

Please send any suggestions to Mickeysgoldbeads @ gmail . com (take the spaces out)

No comments: