Sunday, June 04, 2006

The neck wrap is off.....

Gosh, I can't believe it's been three weeks since my last update!

Getting right to business, Mickey is doing great! I took his neck wrap off a couple of weeks ago, I believe he had it on for over six weeks. I didn't see any immediate changes in his movement after removing it. After his last reaction to Pred now I only give him 5 mg if he is doing poorly instead of every day, and he seemes to handle that just fine.

I took Java and Mick up to Door county for a week, just a little get-away with my boys. It was the week before Memorial Day, so blessedly quiet up there. The weather was gorgeous, only two half-days of rain, sunny and in the 60's the rest of the time. Mick did exceptionally well, I think walking up and down hills and our long walks in the woods were perfect physical therapy for him.

The best news is, Mickey has not had any prednisone for almost two weeks now, and he is happy, moving well, and generally doing better than I have seen in a long time. I have been hesitant to post here about this, I think I am afraid of jinxing the whole thing. Logically I know that is silly, but my heart doesn't tend to follow logic very well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HIP HIP HOORAY! Maddie's wrap is off too and she is doing exceptionally well.