Saturday, July 08, 2006

Response to Teresa

Teresa, I got your note and tried to respond, but it bounced back as undeliverable. :(

Here is my response, I hope it gets to you...

Hi Teresa! I'm so glad you found Mickey's blog, I had created it because I myself was so frustrated with the lack of "real life" information out there. :)

Now I have NO veterinary experience, so I am giving you advice based purely on my own research and observations.

From the information you gave me, I would guess your girl has either Wobblers or has had a minor stroke. It is unusual for a dane to get Wobblers so late in age, but certainly not unheard of.

The first thing I would do is contact Dr. Terry Durkes, he has probably seen more Wobblers dogs than any other vet. I can't find his e-mail, except for an outdated one on the web, but here is his phone #: (765) 664-0734

Dr. Durkes would be able to refer you to someone in your area who could help diagnose and treat your dane if indeed she does have Wobblers.

I will be thinking healing thoughts for your girl, please keep in touch and let me know if you get a hold of Dr. Durkes. He is a wonderful man, I think you will be quite pleased.

Best Wishes,
Ericka - Mickey's Mom

No comments: