Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bad reaction to the Pred

Mickey had a bad reaction to the Prednisone on Friday. He was breathing fast and heavy after I gave him his pill at dinnertime.

I called Dr. Durkes, he said it was either a reaction to the Pred or pneumonia. I was pretty sure it wasn't pneumonia because he was active otherwise, eating fine and didn't have a fever. Dr. D instructed me on how to loosen his neck wrap, and once I did that he was much more comfortable.

I held off on any more medication yesterday, and gave him 1/2 of a pill this AM. We'll see how he does with 10 mg and go from there. It's strange, he went the first round of Pred just fine, I don't know why this time he would have troubles.

Yesterday was a great day though, after Java and I got back from Bark in the Park we spent a lot of time in the backyard "helping" (hehe) their dad plant some trees. The boys had a fun time playing a game of keep -away with their Dad's roll of string, Mickey was running like he was not hurting or uncomfortable at all.

I will keep you posted on how he does today.

No comments: